The Chief Financial Officer is a key member of the senior management team. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for all financial activities of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial management including directing and executing daily accounting activities; financial reporting – monthly, quarterly, annual; analysis of financial results; treasury management; and review/ implement internal controls, policy and procedures as required.
- Lead and manage the annual financial audit.
- Lead and coordinate the annual financial budget and business plan.
- Manage human resources activities including payroll and benefits.
- Oversight of day-to-day financial activities.
- Drive and oversee capital raises.
- Provide support and analysis to the Board of Directors as required. Participate on the Finance and Audit Committee.
- Provide support to management and activities as required.
- Lead and manage the organization’s risk management activities and strategy.
- Remain current with government, tax and financial reporting requirements impacting not-for-profit organizations in Ontario.
- Maintain the organization’s compliance with relevant government and tax legislation.
Qualifications and Education
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana (ICAG) designation with current membership in good standing.
- Progressive experience delivering organization-wide financial management and reporting functions including accounting, treasury, financial analysis, and contracts; with demonstrated mid-to-senior level leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, self-starter, team player and problem solver. Able to travel extensively for work.
- Experience overseeing financial reporting, supporting the annual external audit, and providing taxation support.
- Hands-on experience using the finance and accounting modules of a comprehensive ERP system. QuickBooks knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills with MS Office and query-based data analysis and reporting.
- Experience enhancing financial reporting frameworks and ensuring relevant and acceptable internal controls are implemented and effective.
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline such as management, economics, public or business administration from an accredited post-secondary education institution. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Ongoing professional development in financial reporting, accounting, audit, risk, internal controls for the not-for-profit sector are preferred. Preferred Skills
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting and financial reporting software.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems (specifically MPower).
- Experience setting up and or executing financial controls in a small to mid-sized firm.
As a valued member of our team, you will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package, negotiable based on skills and experience. Salary range is $20,000
How to Apply
To apply for this role, send your resume and cover letter as a single document to [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject line “CFO”. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.